With temperatures reaching as low as 40°F and as high as 80°F, New Orleans is quite fortunate to have dryer & milder winters than the Northeast or the Midwest, and while that Formosan termite swam has finally subsided, there are still a variety of creatures in New Orleans that will be searching for a warm place to call home during this cooler part of the year!
Autumn Problems: Rodents
The winter season brings dry and cooler weather that drives warm-blooded mammals to seek shelter, preferably indoors. It is important to seal any cracks on the exterior of your home, or place traps if you notice any signs of rodents.
Other Common Autumn Pests
Below is a list of some of the most common pests that frequent New Orleans Residents:
- Subterranean Termites
Rodent Prevention Tips!
- If possible, relocate any pet or human food that may be stored on the ground, this will make it difficult for rodents to access any easy meals
- Enclose the food in tight-fitting containers. Kitchen floors, sinks, and countertops need to be kept clean
- Look for openings that the mice can enter your home. They can enter through cracks in foundations, floors or walls. They can also squeeze through small gaps around utility lines and drainage pipes
- After inspecting for signs of rodent activity, set traps or place bait in the detected areas
- Setting mice traps or placing out mouse bait are the most trustworthy methods of controlling mice populations
The Pest Prevention Specialists
For more information on our pest prevention products, or if you would like to learn more about rodent infestations, please click here! If you are concerned about a current rodent problem, call us at 504-366-1333 to schedule a service call or contact us online!