Common Silverfish Names:
- Carpet Sharks
While similar in shape and size, Silverfish can be confused with firebrats, another very similar insect of the Thysanusa order.
Silverfish Facts & Tips!
What Do Silverfish Eat?
- Silverfish feed primarily on starches and dextrin. this is frequently found in adhesives, such as glue and paste.
- Silverfish will also make a meal out of book bindings, paper, photos, sugar, coffee, hair, carpet, clothing, and even human dandruff.
- They will also feed on tapestries, silk, linen, cotton, household dust, and synthetic fibers.
New Orleans Is An Ideal Climate For Silverfish.
Reducing Silverfish In & Around Your Home
- Frequently dusting of your home
- Cleaning out of cabinets, closets and storage areas
- Patch holes or spaces around pipes and conduits,
- Repair leaks and drips in plumbing.
- Keep collections of magazines, papers and books organized and occasionally rearrange them.
For Silverfish Removal or Other Pest Related Problems, Contact the Experts at Pied Piper Today!
For more information on Silverfish and how we can assist with any potential infestation, contact us directly at (504) 366-1333 or request a quote via our contact form and we will be in touch to detect, determine, and ensure that your home pest-free this season!