New Orleans is known for many things; Mardi Gras, White Linen Night, Po Boy Festivals & unfortunately…Cockroaches! Based on data from the US Census Bureau, approximately 42.1% of homes in New Orleans have a roach problem. Due to the vast amount of moisture in New Orleans, this serves as a safe haven for roaches of all types.
How Cockroaches Can Enter Your Home:
- Roached can enter your home via
- Infested boxes
- Grocery bags
- Beverage cartons
- Dried pet foods
The Rundown On Roaches:
- Cockroaches can produce 120-320 eggs in their lifetime.
- Cockroaches can transfer E. coli and salmonella from one food source to the next.
- Cockroaches can cause allergies and make people sick
- Cockroaches can live anywhere between a few months to a couple of years
How To Reduce The Chances Of A Roach Infestation
- Get a flashlight and search common roach hiding spots such as:
- Behind the refrigerator
- Under the sink
- Crevices, cabinets & shelves
- Closet door corners
- Bathroom cabinets and closets
- Insulate or caulk any loose windows or cracks in your foundation or walls to reduce the chance of additional pests entering your home
- Seal up any potential entry points for cockroaches, this includes but is not limited to holes around utility pipes, crawl spaces, cracks, crevices, as well as securing and sealing any loose windows and doors
Contact The Pest Control Pros In New Orleans
Pied Piper Pest Control provides a variety of pest removal services as well as yearly pest control services that can help protect your home or business! Contact us today for quick and effective treatment. For more information on Cockroaches and how we can assist with any potential infestation, contact us directly at (504) 366-1333 or via our Contact Form and we will be in touch to detect, determine, and ensure that your home pest-free this Spring! Click here to learn more about cockroaches.