It is not uncommon to begin to spot ants on your Louisiana property during the warmer summer months. Ants may seem like a relatively harmless pest; however, if you are seeing large amounts of carpenter or fire ants around your home, you may have a more significant issue on your hands. Pied Piper Pest Control is here to help you manage the different species of ants that you may come across in your home this year.
Common Types of Ants in Louisiana
- Carpenter Ants: Carpenter ants are the typical large, black ants that are commonly found in Mississippi and Louisiana during the summer months. These pests should be eliminated immediately, as they can cause significant damages to wood structures in your home.
- Red Imported Fire Ants: Red imported fire ants are small red insects that sting, bite, and can cause dangerous reactions if you are allergic to them. This harmful invasive species should be controlled in order to avoid property damage or serious medical reactions.
Ant Management Tips
- Eliminate water, food, or trash sources that may be attracting the ants. Do not leave old food sitting out for long periods of time.
- Keep your home clean: take the trash out regularly, clean all kitchen surfaces, and vacuum floors weekly.
- Use a mild solution of vinegar and water to suppress any small ant trails that you spot throughout the home.
- Fill all cracks in your walls with caulk to block any of the entrance points into the home for the ants.
- If you are experiencing a Red Fire Ant infestation, it is advised that you call a professional to remove any potential red fire ants on your property.
Contact Pied Piper for Ant Extermination
The tips above will help you reduce the risk of a complete ant infestation on your property. If you are worried you have an ant infestation, it is essential that you hire a professional quickly to avoid damages to the wood in your home. If red imported fire ants are ignored, you could be severely risking the health of you your family.
Pied piper Pest Control will come to your business or residence in New Orleans to provide you with ant extermination services this summer. We take pride in our great customer service and continued customer satisfaction! Give us a call at (504) 388-1333 to schedule a pest extermination service today!