Spring is here, and with that comes a variety of our least favorite rodents & pests! While managing pests on your property can seem like a large undertaking or hassle, this month we will dive into some quick & easy tips to help prevent mosquitos from invading your property this season, as well as examining the benefits of seasonal pest prevention!
Mosquito Nesting Habits:
Mosquitos naturally thrive in hot & humid climates and prefer to lay their eggs in stagnant or still bodies of water. It is important to watch out for any bodies of water (small or large) on your property!
Easy Tips To Help Reduce Mosquitos On Your Property:
- Eliminate Standing Water
- Since it takes roughly a week for mosquitos to go from egg to adult, removing any standing water on your property can greatly reduce the mosquito population on your property
- Empty any water that has collected in children’s toys or garden pots, tires, or any misc items on your property
- Utilize Fragrances As A Deterrent
- There are a variety of mosquito repelling candles that include fragrances that can deter mosquitos from coming near. these oils include citronella, clove, cedar-wood, lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, rosemary, and lemongrass.
- Utilize Mosquito Repelling Plants
- Similar to candles, there are plants such as lemongrass, lavender, marigolds, rosemary, peppermint, and sage can help keep mosquitos at bay while adding some color to your property
- Contact A Pest Control Expert
- If you have an outstanding mosquito population on your property it may be smarter to call in the experts to handle the situation safely, and mosquito bite-free
Yearly Mosquito Preventative Maintenance
- Effectively Kills Aedes mosquitos (including insecticide-resistant) larvae and pupae
- Reduces the risk of mosquito-born virus transmission
- Field tested, validated & published results
- Safe ingredient & Eco-Friendly
Contact The New Orleans Pest Prevention Specialists
By Installing In2Care on your property you are not only preventing a bothersome summertime pest, but you are also reducing the chance of mosquito-borne diseases from spreading. Take back your summer with In2Care Today!
For more information on our pest prevention products, or if you would like In2Care installed on your property please click here! If you are concerned about a current mosquito problem, call us @ 504-366-1333 to schedule a service call!